- Can be less expensive route than fencing
- Can be easier to maintain depending on height and if you have the right equipment, naturally we also maintain!
- Depending on the choose of hedging it can look really well, can give a beautiful scent and has a really nice aesthetic quality
- We prefer ones that are year round and never loose all their leaves, e.g. aforementioned Red Robin variety
- Unlike fences – hedges are planted to last, rooted in the earth can withstand the strongest of weathers and don’t weather over winter!
- Can outlive fencing
- I love seeing what wildlife is hidden in our hedge and the amount of nosey robbins that pop out while we’re gardening!
Cons to hedging
There’s only really two/three negatives to a hedge outlined below but as with everything inside your home, the garden is no different. It is personal choice, budget, aesthetic value and time.